A Guide to Long-Term Care Insurance
Long-term care insurance is an important component to helping seniors secure a financial future and their overall wellbeing. As your loved one ages, they unfortunately face an increased risk for chronic conditions, mental illness, as well as other age-related disabilities. An adequate long-term care insurance plan can help seniors protect their personal and family finances if they should require long-term, professional senior care in San Diego.
What is long-term care insurance?
Long-term care insurance is a type of insurance designed specifically to cover the costs of long-term care services including those associated with assisted living facilities, nursing homes and San Diego home care services. The cost of the care and services provided by these groups is typically not included, or is not fully covered by Medicare or traditional health insurance.
What specific services and types of care does long-term care insurance cover?
- Home health care
- Homemaker services, helping with meal preparation or housekeeping
- Hospice care
- Respite care
- Adult day care centers
- Nursing homes
- Assisted living facilities
What is not covered by long-term care insurance?
- Family caregiving (Care provided by a family member)
- Care provided outside of the United States
- Care as a result of an attempt at suicide or an intentional injury that was self-inflicted
- Care as part of an alcohol or drug addiction treatment program
- Care as a result of war or an act of war, or that provided in a government facility
If you are looking for long-term care for your elderly parent or loved one, Home Care Assistance in San Diego provides tailored care from the comfort of home. We also offer several specialty care options for seniors with chronic conditions and special needs. Our caregivers are expertly trained and experienced in providing care for seniors with Parkinson’s, dementia and Alzheimer’s. San Diego hospice care is also available, helping seniors maintain comfort and dignity at home.
Call us at 877-254-4860 and speak with a Care Manager for more information or to schedule a free in-home consultation.