Home Care Checklist – How to Choose the Right Home Health Care Agency
Choosing the right home health care agency can be difficult. Home Care in San Diego provided by Home Care Assistance, offers family members a checklist to help them choose the agency that will provide the most comfort and the best level of care for their elderly parent or loved one.
- Keep your Loved One’s Needs in Mind. One of the first factors to consider is whether the home health care agency is able to meet all of your loved one’s needs. A majority of these necessities will revolve around your loved one’s health and wellbeing. If you find that the agency is unable to properly care for your loved one’s specific conditions or illnesses, then it is better to move on to other alternatives. For seniors who need specialty care, Home Care Assistance offers Parkinson’s, dementia and Alzheimer’s care, as well as stroke care in San Diego.
- Qualifications & Licensing. When you are deciding on which home health care agency is better for your loved one, you need to conduct research on the agency’s qualifications and if they have proper licensing. A qualified agency with proper licensing is most likely employing professional and expert caregivers who have received extensive training.
- References from the Medical Community. References are important when choosing a San Diego elder care provider. References enable you to speak with individuals who have either been satisfied or dissatisfied with the service, and can provide you with a better understanding of the services and quality of care provided. Most agencies will be able to provide you with references upon request.
- A Specific Guideline for the Patient’s Care. Before you make your final decision, find out how the agency plans to provide care for your loved one. A health care agency that creates a care plan for each individual patient not only demonstrates that they are organized, but care that is thoughtful and tailored to the needs of your loved one. To view a list of senior home care services provided by San Diego Home Care Assistance, click here.
- Affordable Pricing and Quality Care. Affordable pricing with quality care are two additional aspects that can help you decide on a home care agency. Although you might find an agency with low pricing, it is important to also have a clear understanding of what services are included in that pricing and the quality of the care provided. Ask about the agency’s policies on Medicare as well as other available health insurance alternatives to help with overall cost.
Home Care Assistance of San Diego is the preferred provider of home care. Our San Diego caregivers are available twenty four hours a day, seven days a week and provide care whenever needed. Home Care Assistance caregivers assist seniors with activities of daily living, personal care and transportation. For more information or to schedule a free in-home consultation, contact a Care Manager today at 877-254-4860.