Checklist of Hiring a Home Care Agency
Has your elderly loved one recently been diagnosed with a chronic illness? Are they having trouble with daily activities due to frailty or immobility? Are you constantly concerned about their safety at home? If you answered yes to any of these questions, Home Care Assistance San Diego offers the ideal solution.
Home care is considered one of the most desirable care options by seniors. With home care, your elderly loved one is able to preserve independence by receiving quality care in the comfort of their own home. However, as with choosing any type of long-term care, seniors and their families must carefully examine all of their options in order to choose a reliable and reputable care agency. San Diego home care offers a checklist of the most important questions to ask a potential home care agency during the hiring process.
Questions to Ask about the Agency’s Caregivers
- Are caregivers thoroughly screened and properly investigated for background checks?
- Are caregivers bonded and insured?
- Does the company employ its caregivers or are they independent contractors?
- Does the company take care of taxes, withholding and workers compensation?
- Does the company conduct any mandatory training?
- Does the company introduce caregivers with clients in a face to face interview?
Questions to Ask about the Care Process
- Does the company offer a customized plan of care?
- What types of home care services are provide? Specialty care, companionship, respite care, live-in care?
- Does the company offer back-up caregivers in case of emergency?
- Is there active management of the caregiver through a supervisor or Care Manager?
- Does the company perform regular quality assurance visits, client satisfaction reviews and caregiver evaluations?
Questions to Ask about the Company or Agency
- Does the company offer a satisfaction guarantee?
- Does the company require any long term contracts or commitments?
- Is the company a recognized and trusted partner in the senior care industry?
- Does the company have any credible published books on senior wellness and caregiving?
At Home Care Assistance San Diego, we are committed to helping families make the best possible decision regarding care for their elderly loved ones. The above checklist was designed to assist you in your evaluation process. If you would like to schedule a free in-home consultation for your loved one or want to learn more about our hourly, live-in or specialty care services, contact a Care Manager today at 619-795-7457.